message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Effortlessly Cool


I haven't touched much on fashion yet but it is definitely something that inspires me daily. Fashion is an art form, another way to express yourself, another mode of creativity. When I need a pick me up, sometimes all it takes is dressing up a bit. Just adding a pop of color can suffice to brighten my mood. I was particularly taken by last month's Nylon cover shoot. Jessica Szohr not only looks amazing here but she is pulling off a look that is both effortless and unique. I love the unexpected mixing of patterns, the pops of color and the layers upon layers. Clearly you or I couldn't pull off this panties-only look in public, but it CAN be used as inspiration...


Photo via Nylon. Scarf via Old Navy. Clutch via Madeline Weinrib. Lip color via Sheshido. Fabric via Liverty of London

No comments:

Post a Comment