message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Art + Interiors: Welcoming Fall [Jan Groenhart]

I'm spending the weekend in Seattle and it finally feels like fall. The leaves are starting to change in brilliant shades of red, orange and yellow, the air is brisk and wet, and every coffee shop is full with people huddled over hot cups of joe. I love fall, I've loved all the warm conversations with my closest friends over lots of coffee surrounded by so much love, and I absolutely love these paintings by artist Jan Groenhart...
www.jangroenhart.com
I love the faintest hint of a landscape amidst the rich colors and textures, the way they seem to embody fall without the depiction of leaves at all. I can't take my eyes off the glowing persimmon foreground in the second piece, and again I'm inspired to conceptualize an interior with these same qualities...

Live in it...
lamp via http://www.woodbamboodecor.blogspot.com/. garden stool via http://www.target.com/. end table http://www.arteriorshome.com/. pillows via www.etsy.com/shop/ginette1223. end table via West Elm . coffee table via Four Hands. pillow via cb2. chair and pouf via ikea. End table West Elm.

Get the feeling of fall by mixing reclaimed, unfinished wood pieces with painterly fall brights. I also love mixing an arrangement of end tables that reference each other in shape while remaining organic and light hearted. The grey chair reminds me of a cozy fall coat while the bamboo pendant would bring in loads of warmth on an otherwise gloomy day. I would snuggle up with a hot cup of tea and a good book for an afternoon of rejuvenation in this fall inspired space. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a nice weekend :o) I wish it would start feeling like fall here in SF already...it's been so warm! That open-ended coffee table is amazing. I'd love to use it for a TV console!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow.. wow!! Thats surely a perfect weekend.. and I loved the colours of your images.. :-)

    ReplyDelete