message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Art + Interiors: Purple Mystic [Amanda Raek]

Associated with both nobility and spirituality, Purple is an incredibly empowering color. I have to admit it is not usually in my own color palette but when I found this photography on Etsy by Amanda Raek I knew I had to post about it. I love the back and forth between the focused forground and the blurred out background, the graphic texture of the flowers' stigmas against their soft petals and the touch of blue here and there that give the work its calming affect.

"I belive that we must find, all of us together, a new spirituality"- Dalai Lama

Side table via Arteriors, pendants via Nice Modern, pillow via Urban Outfitters, rug via JhMinassian, chaise via Urban Outfitters, end table Kartell

I love mixing traditional and modern in an unexpected way; the tufted plum chaise next to the lucite end table, the modern pendants hovering over a vintage rug and the graphic pillows adding rhythm to the space. It's a great way to blend styles for those of us that just cannot settle on one and it's a look that feels right in place whether in an old house or a new loft. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment