message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Daylight 5.3.11

With all that is going in the world, a girl has to have a place she can get away, where only beauty and the handmade exists, where phones can be silenced and technology can be left at the door. For me that place is the Seattle Art Museum. Whenever I'm feeling a little down and need some tactile inspiration it never fails to breath new life into me. And every time something new catches my eye, like this ancient justification of my love for gold jewelry...


Or this expansive golden screen delicately painted with crashing waves...


And I'm always intrigued by the ways artists are fusing their heritage and traditions with contemporary mediums and fresh palettes... 


Lastly a little reminder that three simple colors and one natural material can make a bold impact with a bit of patience and fine craftsmanship...


Hope you're finding the time to be mindful of the world and current events while still taking little moments for yourself to tune it all out...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment