message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Monday, August 15, 2011

Love it / Live it: Elephant Love [Margot Bird + Cardboard Safari]

Happy Monday my friends! I've had a special place in my heart for elephants ever since my man and I traveled to Thailand a few years ago and they won my heart with their sweet, playful dispositions and tender eyes. There is just something about them, so large and fearless yet so warm and endearing that sort of takes your breath away. I love this painting by the fearless local artist Margot Bird, the palette is stunning and there is just enough intrigue in the skewed gaze of the elephant to make you do a double take...

art via Margot Bird, elephant head via Cardboard Safari

I'm so excited to see her studio in a few weeks and a series of collaborative works she's been doing at an upcoming show, you should definitely join me if you're in the Seattle area. This girl is raw talent working in a style that is completely her own and unlike anything I have ever seen. I also happened to stumble upon this cardboard elephant head this weekend at Retrofit Home and have not been able to stop thinking about it since. It needs to live my on my wall. Pronto. Hope you had a wonderfully inspired weekend...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment