message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Art + Interiors: Tonal Blocking [Liz Maxwell]

Two looks that have been high on my radar this year are color blocking and dip-dying. So you can imagine my excitement when I found an artist, Liz Maxwell, whose work combines both looks in tonal shades of blue and green. As subtle as each composition is, there is a strong sense of horizon in each piece, making them incredibly calming and peaceful...


from top pillow via Xavier & Me, mug via Terrain, rug via Abc Carpet, Vases via Anthropologie, pillow via Belrossa Home, lamp via Abc Home

The same way that gazing at the horizon can settle and ground us, pulling in soft horizontal lines into the home can have the same effect on your space. And bolder hued color blocked pieces add in a modern touch. I'm thankful everyday when I get to sea the sun go down over the horizon, it tends to have a way of bringing me back to earth when I'm getting lost in my own head...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment