message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Love it / Live it: Painterly Reading

I'm so excited (and honored) to be having a show of paintings at downtown Seattle's Anthropologie this month! I'll be hanging my work tomorrow, so needless to say, I've been doing quite a bit of painting lately and thus spending some time soaking in the inspiration of some of my favorite painters. Gerhard Richter is an artist I always go back to. His vast and broad body of work always inspires me to think outside the box, try new techniques and explore the color spectrum...

"Art is the highest form of hope" - Gerhard Richter  

And these lovely painted book covers are inspiring me to spend my evenings curled up with a novel instead of packing in extra hours working on projects and my 'to-do' list. Just one of the things I've been pinning lately. I can't wait to share what I've been working on with all of you very soon, but until then...Enjoy!

p.s. check out the room design I pulled together inspired by Gerhard Richter here

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these paintings are GORGEOUS!!
    Much love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you to be exhibiting at anthro! And downtown nonetheless! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete